PROJECT MANAGER, XR CREATION RESIDENCY
Wapikoni Mobile is looking for help with the XR Creation residency, which will take place in Montreal over the summer. Four Indigenous artists who practise different art forms (cinema, visual and narrative, media and digital) will be invited to create an immersive piece, either collectively or individually, that will be screened on Wapikoni’s Nomadic Projection Dome.
We’re looking for a responsible, well-organized and creative project manager for the XR Creation residency.
Are you the one?
You are a prolific digital artist and you would love to share your passion by acting as a mentor and spurring creation.
You are a good listener and you have a knack for recognizing your peers’ strengths. You know how to generate synergy in a group and maintain a coherent creative process in a discreet manner.
You are ready to be part of a selection committee and feel motivated by the perspective of bringing together a group of four artists.
You can successfully rally the professional community around a shared goal, you enjoy facilitating reflection sessions and you can’t wait to help creating a series of exploration workshops for the Residency artists.
You know the technical jargon and can use it to communicate with our Tech and Innovation team, and you are ready to do the shootings and postproduction for the XR project.
You understand that you will also oversee receipts, licenses and budget and administrative tracking.
You are ready to tackle the challenge that is ensuring the proper fulfillment of all creative tasks during the whole residency to monitor all creative, technical, and educative aspects of the project in a mentoring context.
What are you waiting for? Wapikoni needs you!
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED)
● Professional experience managing digital creative projects
● Experience in cinematography
● Experience with artistic techniques that are recognized in the field
● Experience leading at least one XR production (installation, VR, AR) as a producer or curator
● Management and coordination of artistic teams
● Experience in mentoring
● Excellent knowledge of technical equipment
● Good knowledge of the digital arts and XR creation fields
● Written and oral fluency in English and French
● good knowledge of Indigenous culture
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE…
Has good organization and leadership skills as well as a good team spirit, is creative, autonomous, resourceful and reliable, and knows the Indigenous context in Quebec and Canada.
Schedule: 5 days/week (37.5 hours)
Contract duration: Mid-May 2021–September 2021
Hourly rate: $28,00 (contractual position)
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and a motivation letter or video before 11:59 p.m. on May 9, 2021, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that you include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Interviews will be held during the week of May 9, 2021. The selected candidate will start working on May 17, 2021.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed continually, so you may receive an invitation before the end of this posting.
Please note that while Indigenous applications are preferred*, we value cross-cultural perspectives. We also recognize that access to professional experience is still difficult for many—most staffing, integration and job retention policies are still disadvantaging Indigenous, black, racialized, deaf and disabled people—and we believe in decolonizing the notion of excellence. We understand that skills can be developed with personal motivation and community experience.
* Are you interested in applying, but unsure about your qualifications? Please don’t hesitate to apply and let us know that you would like to join our team! All Indigenous applications are reviewed carefully to see how they can contribute to our mission or how we can help them develop their skills.