From February 22 to March 4, 2017, Québec cinéma is organizing the 35th edition of Rendez-vous du cinéma québécois.
This year, out of the 244 short films presented, 11 come from the Wapikoni:
- Nitanish-to my daughter, by Melissa Mollen Dupuis
- We will rise, by Natasha Kanapé Fontaine
- Battles, by Karen Pinette Fontaine
- Women's Gold, by Cherilyn Papatie
- Shipu, by Shanice Mollen Picard and Uapukun Mestokosho McKenzie
- Mantokatcikan, Sipi Flamand and Elisa Moar
- My Father's Tools, by Heather Condo
- Kupanishkueu, by Mélodie Jourdain-Michel
- Sonny Side Up, by Sonny Papatie
- Muk, from the Wapikoni
- Message, by Meky Ottawa
3 Magalys, directed by Frédéric Julien and produced by Les Films de L'envers and Wapikoni, is also part of the program and will be presented as a world premiere.
Wapikoni is very pleased to see the works of its filmmaker-mentors and collaborators in the selection, including Avant les rues, by Chloé Leriche, Yes, by Éric Piccoli, D’encre et de sang, by Alexis Gauthier-Fortier and Abitibi360, a virtual reality work by Serge Bordeleau.